Jacquard's Neopaque paints are designed to cover dark backgrounds with a light application. On lighter backgrounds they produce a subtle alternative to more intense color schemes.
Neopaque paints brush on smoothly and will remain soft and flexible when dry.
Neopaque may be painted, stenciled, screen printed, airbrushed (if diluted) and stamped. They may also be added to Jacquard's Lumiere line to produce an antiqued effect.
Neopaque is easy to use-- right away you'll be creating fun and exciting projects that will impress your friends and satisfy your creative urges. And as your experience grows, so will your repertoire of techniques.
The facts are these:
- Jacquard Neopaque comes in 13 colors that are easily mixed to make any color you desire.
- You can add Neopaque White into any other color to create pastels. Try a little at first and then add more to increase the effect.
- You can increase the transparency of any color by adding Jacquard Flowable Extender. The more you add the more transparent the color will be.
- You can increase both transparency and flowability by adding up to 25% water. This will thin the paint for an increased watercolor effect.
- They also mix beautifully with Jacquard's Lumiere, Dye-Na-Flow, and Textile color lines.
- Neopaque Colorless Extender makes an excellent medium for Pearl Ex Powders. Adding Pearl Ex to other Neopaque colors will give a muted, opaque metallic effect.
- After drying, Jacquard Neopaque must be set with heat, but the process is versatile and can be accomplished with a dry iron or any type of air dryer.
- Best of all, cleaning Neopaque paints is as easy as rinsing tools with warm water!