Richeson's Premium Pastel Surfaces
Richeson's Premium Pastel Surface, with its exquisite toothy finish, is layered on Gator Foam™ for a rigid panel that's easy to work on and easy to frame. The surface grabs and holds pastel pigment, layer after later, and three colors give you the right base for any pastel painting. Panels are 3/16" thick and available in 2 popular sizes!
- Toothy - As a pastellist you want the surface to interact with the pastel. The coating has been specially prepared to create an excellent tooth that will withstand multiple layering. No matter if you are working with charcoal, semi-hard, soft or oil pastel this surface is very unique on the market today.
- It has a very pronouced tooth so your pastels simply come alive on the surface. When you're ready to apply the next layer you'll find that the surface really grabs and holds the pigment in the pastel and this allows you to get great depth in your compositions.
- Waterproof - Since the coating is waterproof you can apply water to soften the edges of the pastel without altering the surface. You can also scrub around the color with a rag or with anyone of the many pastel blending products that we offer. Since it is waterproof you can freely apply inks, guache and acrylics to your compositions for exploring a wide range of techniques.
- Convenient - Individually coated on lightweight gator foam. Richeson's Premium Pastel Surface products are fantasic for plein air while the larger sizes are excellent for use in the studio.
- Selection of Colors - A wide variety of colors gives you an outstanding choice of backgrounds to select from. As with all new products we urge you to give these new surfaces a try. We feel that they are unique, well thought out and relatively inexpensive.