Neopaque paints are designed to cover dark backgrounds with light application. On light backgrounds they produce a subtle "designer palette" alternative to a more intense color scheme.
Neopaque paints brush on smoothly and remain soft and flexible when dry.
Neopaque may be painted, stenciled, screen printed, airbrushed (when diluted) and stamped. They may also be added to Lumiere to produce an antique effect.
Jacquard Neopaque is easy to use. Right from the start you can create fun and exciting projects that will impress your friends and satisfy your creative urges. And as your experience grows so will your repertoire of techniques.
Here are the basics to get you started:
Mixing colors: Jacquard Neopaque comes in 13 and you can easily mix them to make any color you desire.
Creating pastels: You can mix #589 Neopaque White into any other Neopaque color to create pastels. Try mixing in a little at first and then adding more if you want to increase the effect.
Increasing transparency: You can increase the transparency of any color by adding #579 Flowable Extender to it. The more you add the more transparent the color will be.
Increasing transparency & flowability: You can increase both transparency and flowability by adding up to 25% water. This will give you more of a watercolor effect.
They also mix beautifully with Lumiere, Dye-Na-Flow, and Textile Colors.
- Neopaque Colorless Extender is a an excellent medium for Pearl Ex Powders. Adding Pearl Ex to the other Neopaque colors will result in a muted metallic effect due to the opaque nature of the paints.
Application: Jacquard Neopaque can be applied with brushes, stamp pads, squirt bottles, and airbrush. For airbrushing thin with water up to 25%.
- Fixing: After drying, Jacquard Neopaque must be set with heat. There are several ways to do it:
- Ironing: This is the best method. Use a dry iron and iron on the reverse side on the appropriate setting for the fabric.
- Dryer: Have the dryer on as hot a temperature as the fabric will take for about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cleanup: Promptly clean all tools with warm water.