Caran d’Ache Pablo Colored Pencil Sets make great gifts for fine artists, designers, illustrators or students. Soft, lightfast, water-resistant leads work well for drawing, sketching, cross-hatching, layering and mixed media applications.
Supracolor pencils support a wide range of techniques and support materials:
Block work and details:
The lead is suitable for both depending on how it is sharpened.
Lay down marks on the support surface in either one color in varying strengths or overlaying colors and shading off.
Rubbing pigment into the surface of the paper under pressure to polish or produce a smooth finish.
Reproducing the texture of a surface by covering it with a sheet of paper and rubbing with a colored pencil.
Continuous gradations of shade are produced by applying colours one on top of the other or by blending colours.
Apply a mass of different colored dots close together so that they fuse optically in the viewer’s eye.
Ideal for use on paper, cardboard, wood, stone, leather, fabric, terracotta, etc. Not suitable for use on smooth surfaces like glass, plastic, photographic paper, etc. Artwork should be sprayed with a fixative or protected with an acrylic varnish if possible.
- Lightfastness is good to excellent.
- Maximum color strength due to a high pigment content.
- Excellent mark opacity.
- Very low powdering.
- Very good color consistency.
- Excellent covering power. Covers up to 100% of support material according to pressure applied.
- Excellent results with color blending techniques.
- Unlimited shelf life and durability under normal conditions.