Our safe, vibrant Cadmium Hue Watercolors provide the density and richness of classic cadmiums without the toxicity of heavy metal pigments.
Virtually identical in color to their namesakes, they're cleaner in mixtures and stronger in tints. Their working properties: staining power, semi-transparency and excellent lightfastness - are also nearly identical to those low-soluble cadmium colors we previously offered.
For our newly formulated Cadmium Hue colors, we played with adding just one color to see the range of possibilities we could achieve with this complete set.
By adding just Cobalt Blue, the six Cadmiums reveal a wonderful range of natural colors—perfect for landscape or portraiture work. And the orange dots show combinations of the yellow and red Cadmiums—they’re wonderful, too!
Set includes a FREE 3/4" Flat DANIEL SMITH Autograph Series Mix Sable Brush!
Contains the following colors:
- Cadmium Yellow Light Hue - A rich, warm yellow with a golden glow.
- Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue - A rich, bright and intense alternative to Cadmium Yellow.
- Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue - Kissed with a touch of orange, this is a pure chroma color with high-tinting, semi-transparent organic pigments.
- Cadmium Orange Hue - A deep, radiant orange that leans slightly towards red.
- Cadmium Red Medium Hue - A true stop sign red, an essential color for any palette.
- Cadmium Red Scarlet Hue - A festive, versatile red with an orange cast.