DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolor Duochrome 6 Tube Set
Introducing luminescent pigments to your watercolor palette brings more to your painting than shimmer and shine. What many artists have discovered is that while these pigments do possess refl ective qualities, they also add dimension, brightness, tone and texture to your paintings when mixed with standard watercolors.
Color Shifting Mixtures with Duochrome Pigments
Mixing with Duochrome pigments is equally challenging and rewarding. These mysterious pigments shift hue as you view them from different angels.
For example, Duochrome Oceanic is a vibrant blue-green from one angle and a reflective gold from the other. Mixed with a standard pigment, like Cerulean Blue, it produces an entirely new blue hue. When you tilt your paper, the gold color shift is still visible but only about half as intense. Imagine painting sunlit ocean waves with this color combo.
This Duochrome set includes includes 6 - 15ml tubes of:
- Duochrome Cabo Blue - Duochrome watercolors alternate between two distinct colors depending on the reflective light. Duochrome Cabo Blue adds a third reflective color shifting from blue to metallic gold, then finishing with a shimmering metallic blue.
- Duochrome Turquoise - Shifts between a vibrant Caribbean blue and a sparkling sea green.
- Duochrome Emerald - Shifts between two different shades of green—a lovely emerald and a reflective green-gold.
- Duochrome Blue Pearl - Shifts between a shimmering sky blue and a reflective cool silver.
- Duochrome Green Pearl - Shifts between shimmering sea green and reflective metallic sliver.
- Duochrome Violet Pearl - Shifts between shimmering soft lavender and reflective cool sliver.
See our tutorial, "The Magic of Daniel Smith Interference Watercolors", for great ways to add shimmer, sparkle, and luster to your next painting.