Unique Colors made with authentic mineral pigments. Certain colors have captured the imagination of artists for hundreds or even thousands of years. Our exclusive PrimaTek colors are made from naturally occurring pigments, reviving a tradition of making paints the way the ancient Egyptians, Mayans and other early cultures did. To find these rare pigments, our mineralogist circles the globe, going to some of the most remote areas in the world. Their diversity is amazing, from the subtle earth tones of Hematite to the exquisite jewel shades of Malachite. As you paint with these colors, we know you'll experience something new in your oil color mixtures and paintings.
Includes the following colors:
- Burnt Tiger's Eye Genuine - Made by heating Tiger's Eye Genuine which transforms it into a rough compliment color to itself turning from a cool greenish brown to a warm reddish brown that when mixed with white becomes a neutral brown with the barest hint of rose.
- Malachite Genuine - Semi-transparent Malachite Genuine is a clear, yellowish green made with pigment ground from the distinctively patterned gemstone. Used in ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome, it remained the best green available for mural and easel painting up through the Renaissance.
- Natural Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Genuine - From the Sleeping Beauty Mountain in Arizona. This unique, vibrant sky blue pigment is lightfast and permanent, unlike most turquoise. Its uniquely porous molecular structure encourages interaction with other pigments.
- Sedona Genuine - The ruddy hue of Sedona's famed red rock sentinels is made with rock from the Arizona desert. This timeless color - lightfast, richly pigmented and absolutely permanent - connects you to the work of countless generations of southwestern artisans in a way that demands to be experienced.
- Hematite Genuine - The perfect stormy-gray neutral. Authentic mineral pigment gives this rich color a mineral luster and velvet finish. At full strength Hematite Genuine is nearly black but does not appear stark or flat. Mix an impressive range of grays by adding white or take advantage of Hematite Genuine's semi-transparent qualities by scumbling or adding painting medium for glazing techniques.