Hand-picked colors selected for their pigment characteristics make Professor's Choice DANIEL SMITH Original Oil paints a perfect set for any painter starting to work in this medium.Each color chosen was made from a single strong pigment to promote maximum color mixing success. Hundreds of colors can be mixed from this simple but powerful set. Professor's Choice contains simple primaries, standard secondary colors as well as a basic white.
The "Professor's Choice" Oil Color Set includes 37ml tubes in the following colors:
- Hansa Yellow Medium - Semi-transparent Hansa Yellow Medium retains some of the lemon brightness of Hansa Yellow Light, with added warmth and depth by leaning ever-so-slightly towards orange. Think of a yellow pepper.
- Permanent Red Deep - A bright true red, and the coolest of our reds, except for Permanent Red which it is equal too, though deeper in color.
- French Ultramarine Blue - A classic blue, French Ultramarine is a semi-transparent, intense blue, and nearly black in mass tone. A great mixer with other colors, and mixed with white makes a deep vaulted sky blue.
- Phthalo Green (YS) - Dark in mass tone, very transparent with strong tinting power for mixing clear colors. Slightly warmer than Phthalo Green (Blue Shade).
- Manganese Violet - A semi-transparent warm, reddish violet that is very dark, almost maroon in mass tone.
- Perinone Orange - A brilliant orange with a hint of red.
- Mixed White - Opaque and almost as strong in tinting colors as Titanium White. Thinner in viscosity than Titanium and Zinc Whites and easier for mixing.