This set is a great deal - and a wonderful way to explore our intriguing straight-from-the-earth pigments. From the quiet earth tones of Minnesota Pipestone and Tiger's Eye Genuine to the rich jewel colors of Amazonite, Purpurite, Rhodonite and Lapis Lazuli, they bring the subtlety, depth and complexity of the natural world to your palette.
The Primatek Oil Color Set includes the following colors:
- Tiger's Eye Genuine - Made from the brownish-gold stone with rippling bands of light that remind you of cat's eyes.The gemstone, a member of the quartz family, is geogically stained with dark iron oxide creating the distinctive bands and markings called the chatoyant effect. Great for landscapes and portraiture, this beautiful olive drab pigment makes versatile nuetrals when mixed with white.
- Lapis Lazuli Genuine - Mined in the mountains of South America, this gem-quality pigment is an opulent medieval blue. There is not a hint of gray in this paint, with a classic, concentrated blue that is extremely vibrant and light reflective (due to the irregular and angular shape of the pigment particles). A touch of golden pyrite found as an inclusion adds a delightful shimmer. The result, for painters, is an elegant, almost three-dimensional effect that is completely different from the predictable blue of synthetic ultramarine pigments. DANIEL SMITH Genuine Lapis Lazuli is at least 80% pure gem pigment suspended in a natural binder.
- Purpurite Genuine - This deep lavender-violet mineral pigment, with its naturally occurring silky sheen, comes from scarce deposits of manganese phosphate, the best of which are found in South Africa.
- Amazonite Genuine - A strong and pure color with a surprising mineral luster that adds depth to any painting. A highly transparent quality makes this paint perfect for glazing and its mixing properties are bright, clean and remarkable.
- Minnesota Pipestone - American pipestone is the stone that unified our people in a time of transition. This sacred mineral was the stone of choice for the legendary Sioux peace pipes. A warm, soft, earthy pink, Minnesota Pipestone is semi-opaque and granulates beautifully in washes. It is as permanent as the rock from which it is made.
- Rhodonite Genuine - Made from jewelry quality stone, this versatile rose pink is wonderful for portraits and landscapes. It's equally beautiful at full strength or mixed with white. DANIEL SMITH has tamed Rhodonite's beauty into a lyrical rose pink that's a great addition to every palette. Wet-into-wet at a low value, it yields a mild, warm pink that creates a soft, transparent glow. At full value, it is more intense but still transparent, low-staining and non-granulating.
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.