DANIEL SMITH Premium Gum Arabic helps reduce the bleeding effects in a watery wash an increases the solubility of the dried paint.
By mixing gum arabic with watercolors, the pigment will granulate more and shapes can be readily dissolved out of the dried paint. It helps reduce the bleeding effects in a watery wash and increases the solubility of the dried paint. Test prior to application.
Oxgall Liquid is a traditional wetting agent used to decrease surface tension in transparent watercolor and gouache. It also increases paint flow and can be used to create washes.
Premium Gum Arabic
- Allows superior control in washes, because it prevents the watercolor from flowing outside the brush stroke.
- Controls the spread of watercolor when painting wet-on-wet.
- Reduces bleeding effects in a watery wash.
- Increases transparency, gloss and brilliancy for more depth of pigment.
- Increase the granular effects of granulating watercolors.
- Improves the flow of watercolor paints on paper.
- Can be added to a wash for painting wet-on-wet.
- Helps eliminate the streaking or skipping effect of a paint-saturated brush as it moves across a heavily sized surface.