Create Rich Darks and Neutrals with this fabulous and unique, dark neutral pigment that when mixed with any watercolor pigment produces glowing, darker values of that color.
"As professional teaching artists, we asked if DANIEL SMITH could develop a new dark watercolor pigment, so that seasoned watercolorists as well as beginners could easily mix visually pleasing, colorful clean darks. We wanted to make it easier for our students to keep away from making muddy darks in one easy step and this is the perfect solution! DANIEL SMITH's new Neutral Tint is just what we have been hoping for"
- Theresa Goesling and Cindy Briggs.
DANIEL SMITH Neutral Tint
- ASTM Lightfastness: Excellent
- Staining: Low-Staining
- Granulating: No
- Transparency: Semi-Transparent
Features & Benefits
- Quick and reliable way to darken a color while retaining transparency.
- Produces gorgeous glowing darks rather than muddy colors.
- Tones down colors.
- Makes lovely, colorful shadows when mixed with colors.
- Wonderful alone for quick value sketches.
- When working with a limited palette, Neutral Tint is a great choice because it is the compliment to every color!
- Great for travel sketching when palette space is limited, and still be able to create a good range of colors.
- Reliably darkens a color like using the color’s complement - without having to use the exact complement.
- A Benefit to Artists at all levels, enjoy watercolors without worrying about muddying the colors.
Paint Out from Top to Bottom:
Cadmium Orange Hue
Cadmium Red Scarlet Hue
Cobalt Teal Blue
Theresa Goesling and Cindy Briggs teach internationally and are co-authors of Make Every Day a Painting. Theresa Goesling is featured in Splash 13 and shown in AWS and Cindy Briggs has been featured in numerous NWS and WFWS shows. Both are professional art directors, signature members of NWWS and their work is published in America’s Best of Watercolors III.
Iain Stewart is an award winning watercolor artist and a signature member of the National Watercolor Society. His work has received numerous awards in international competition. Most recently his watercolor “Thurlow Dam, Tallassee Alabama” was honored with a Purchase Award from the National Watercolor Society, his work “5th Avenue in Rain” was selected for inclusion in the Shanghai Zhujiajiao International Watercolour Biennial Exhibition, and his watercolor Grace Church will be on exhibition at the Salmagundi Club in New York for the American Watercolor Society’s 146th Annual International Exhibition in April 2013. Iain is featured in the March 2013 issue of the international publication The Art of Watercolour.