Winsor & Newton Art Masking Fluid, 75ml Bottle
Winsor & Newton Art Masking Fluid is made of pigmented latex rubber. Apply to watercolor paper for masking. Forms an impervious film which can be easily removed by peeling or rubbing. Brush on and let dry to protect whites or details when applying broad washes. Remove as soon as possible after paint has thoroughly dried for best results.
How to use:
Masking Fluid protects areas of your work when color is applied in broad washes. Unlike Permanent Masking Medium which is inter-mixable with water colors, Art Masking Fluid works by direct application to the paper. It can be applied to white paper or previously colored areas.Follow these helpful tips to get the best results when masking.
- Shake bottle before use.
- Do not use on wet or damp paper.
- Use gelatine surface sized paper, this helps to prevent the fluid from adhering too strongly to the paper.
- Use old brushes or dip pens to avoid damaging valuable brushes.
- Wash brushes in soapy water immediately after use.
- Ensure fluid is dry before applying color.
- Do not leave fluid on paper for long periods of time.
- Use Colorless Art Masking Fluid if there is any risk of staining from the pigmented Art Masking Fluid.
- If spilt by accident, wash item immediately in soapy water. Once dry, the latex can only be removed by picking at it or rubbing with an eraser. There are unfortunately no solvents available.