Liquitex Gel Mediums add body to thinner paint for impasto techniques as well as extending color volume and adding transparency. Gels also add "open time" as they tend to dry slower than thinner paint films. These acrylic mediums also modify acrylic paints in a variety of ways and, since they contain acrylic resins, tend to improve adhesion and durability.
Relative Opacity: Translucent
- Dries translucent with a satin/matte finish
- Viscosity and body similar to Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Color
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium has greater adhesion than Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium and Liquitex Gloss Heave Gel Medium
- Translucent when wet, transparent when dry. Thicker applications result in less transparent dry medium films.
- Mix with Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Color to obtain paint similar in color depth to oil paint
- Color mix will dry to a satin sheen