Stephen Quiller is an internationally known painter who is highly regarded for his research and implementation of color theory in his painting expression. He has written two best selling books on color, Color Choices and Painter's Guide to Color. The books have become leading texts in this field.
These DVDs provide a comprehensive guide to the use of color for the painter. They begin with a basic foundation and build gradually to the more complex. The DVD set is formatted into thirteen chapters. Each chapter is approximately 35 minutes containing an introduction, chapter development, demonstration on the topic, two finished painting examples and three exercises for the viewer to complete. This DVD set is a complete course that will fine tune the artist's eye and help the painter grow in (*) personal expression. The instructional videos are designed to help all artists and craftspeople who want to expand their knowledge of color.
- Chapter #1- Value- Intensity Foundation
- Chapter #2- Monochromatic Color Relationships
- Chapter #3- Complementary Color Relationships
- Chapter #4- Analogous Color/ Color Families
- Chapter #5- Double Analogous Color Relationships
- Chapter #6- Triad Color Relationships
- Chapter #7- Putting It All Together
- Chapter #8- Expanding the Palette & Characteristics of Pigments
- Chapter #9- Different Ways to Apply Paint
- Chapter #10 Neutrals, Near Neutrals & Blacks
- Chapter #11 Unifying Color by Toning Paper or Glazing
- Chapter #12- Using the Full Palette- Painting En Plein Air
- Chapter #13- Finished Studio Painting/ Exploring Personal Expression